Saturday, April 5, 2008

Casting Crowns

Last night I went to a concert with my son. Casting Crowns. Good Stuff. Good music.
Not your everyday concert, as this was/is a ministry tour. The focus is on World Vision. World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The focus last night was on the pure water project, providing clean water to villages in Africa and India. There are many options on the website including a gift catalogue that allows you to purchase fishing kits and goats and other items if you prefer. 86% of each dollar given to this organization goes to children and families. But you can get bottled water for your family and/or youth group/church whatever, and donate to the clean water project at the same time. 80% of the profits of Aquasis Life H2O is donated toward this cause

What a great idea for our churches, small groups, Sunday school classes or families as we pray on ways to be the body of Christ. I hope you'll pass the word.

2 comments:

Richard said...

My wife and I were there too with about 20 friends from our church. Great stuff! My ears are still ringing. I loved the prayer time.

eutychus said...

Yes, we were there with our church's youth group. It was my son's first concert. It's been many years since I've been to a concert. I really like the concert/prayer/worship/ministry format.