Thursday, October 30, 2008
A weekend 5.0 Richter earthquake in Iran was actually a nuclear bomb test, says an Iranian nuclear scientist claiming to be working on the project.
The report is an Israel Insider exclusive.
This past Saturday night, southern Iran experienced what was reported as a significant earthquake - a seismic event measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale. Its epicenter was just north of the strategic Straits of Hormuz, which separates Iran from Abu Dhabi and Oman and which is the gateway to the Persian Gulf.
The report quotes an Iranian nuclear scientist who claims to be working in uranium enrichment for the project, and who said that the "quake" was acutally an undergound nuclear bomb test.
Israel Insider adds that the test/quake was actually the second in a series. Nine days ago, a 4.8 Richter scale event occurred, with its epicenter only five kilometers away from the weekend tremor.
The Israel Insider source reports that two nuclear rockets are currently ready - and are intended for use against Israel in the coming months.
If the report is correct, it would belie previous speculation that Iran would not begin nuclear testing until it had more nuclear-bomb production capability. (more)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Beautiful and amazing pictures. It seems to me, the "choice" has been made. The only real question, it seems to me, is whether you will honor that choice...
And this reminder from DoctorBulldog that: Obama’s Abortion Stance Lies Not in Rhetoric but in Record
Gay Marriage Battle On College Campus - A Catholic Blog: Religion, Politics, Current Events, Humor, and more.
"The American River College Student Council voted 8-3 on Sept. 30 to endorse Prop. 8 which defines marriage as between a man and a woman. Outrageous, right?So, supporters of gay marriage responded by launching a recall effort and trying to immediately oust the council. Now they'd hoped that because nobody ever votes in school elections, that a small but committed advocacy group for gay marriage would oust the council and reverse the stance on gay marriage. In fact, only one percent of the school even voted for the council in the first place.So the election happened this week. And guess what, lots of students turned out. It was the largest turnout in school history.T he leader's decision to endorse Prop. 8, a statewide ballot measure that would ban same-sex marriage, caused 3,486 students to turn out and vote on the recall.And the student leaders who voted to support Proposition 8 won't lose their council seats after all. "
follow the link above to read the rest..
"Why do I get the feeling this "new day" and "new age" are the same old day that hit Russia at the turn of the last century? Why does this sound so wearily familiar, the utopian ideals that we can solve poverty and racism and crime and all other social problems by applying Marxist principles and redistributing wealth? "
On Sunday, Arab News reported, "The U.S. government is currently studying the salient features of Islamic banking to ascertain how far it could be useful in fighting the ongoing world economic crisis, Robert M. Kimmitt, U.S. deputy secretary of the Treasury, said at a press conference held at the U.S. Embassy here yesterday." The newspaper went on to note that "[Mr. Kimmitt] said that experts in the U.S. Treasury Department are currently learning the important features of Islamic banking."
As it happens, for the better part of a year we at the Center for Security Policy have spent a fair amount of time trying to teach U.S. Treasury Department and other government "experts" about what is euphemistically called "Islamic banking" but better known as Shariah-Compliant Finance (SCF). In meetings with Mr. Kimmitt and other top Treasury officials, my colleagues and I have presented all they really need to know about the "important features" of this growth industry. (more)
Nice summary of the dangers Dems control of both congress and the presidency from American Thinker:
If Obama wins, the left wing of the Democratic Party will have no effective opposition, and it will be able to do all of the following, most of which Obama and his allies have already explicitly promised to do:
- Massively raise taxes on all productive people, including and especially the middle class, solely for the purpose of redistributing Americans' wealth (anyone who doubted Obama's identity as a radical redistributionist has been disabused of that illusion after Obama's just-discovered 2001 radio talk);
- By Presidential decree, eliminate every single state restriction on abortion, including late term abortion, "partial birth" abortion, parental notification for minors, and the right of physicians to refuse to perform abortions for reasons of conscience;
- Drive talk radio off the air, thereby grossly reducing free expression and eliminating one of the most important private sphere checks on government power;
- Appoint activist United States Supreme Court Judges, who, like the judges Obama supports in Massachusetts and California, will impose homosexual marriage on the entire country, against the will of the people in virtually every state;
- Permanently alter the socio-economic, cultural, and political makeup of our country, by leaving our border to the south open, halting ongoing federal efforts to encourage return of illegals to their countries of origin, and, worst of all, granting fast-track citizenship to illegals; and
- Intensify the ongoing use of our public education system as a tool for the indoctrination, rather than education, of our children; and
- Project a world-wide image of timidity and self-doubt that will only encourage our enemies, as Joe Biden said, to "test" our weak president, thereby increasing the probability of attacks on America and our allies, all of which makes war more, not less, likely under an Obama Presidency.
The above is, of course, only a partial list of the consequences of the One-Party State that Obama's election would create.
It is gut check time.
The real, unguarded Barack Obama has been exposed, and Americans should hear it for themselves before they make the most consequential electoral decision of their lifetime.
Speaking to Chicago public radio station WBEZ seven years ago, then-Illinois state Sen. Obama reflected on the history of the civil rights movement.
"Where the movement succeeded," he said, "was in court-imposed remedies regarding segregation and voting rights."
But where it failed was that "the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society."
The man now a week away from possibly being elected president then lamented that "the civil rights movement became so court-focused" that it veered away from action to "put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive change, and in some ways we still suffer from that."
'OBAMA! Inshallah!" - Obama! Allah willing! That slogan, scribbled on walls in Gaza, indicates the hopes that Barack Obama has inspired among Arabs.
While Obama has tried to push his origins into the background, his "Islamic roots" have won him a place in many Arabs' hearts. (more)
French President Nicolas Sarkozy is very critical of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama's positions on Iran, according to reports that have reached Israel's government. Sarkozy has made his criticisms only in closed forums in France. But according to a senior Israeli government source, the reports reaching Israel indicate that Sarkozy views the Democratic candidate's stance on Iran as "utterly immature" and comprised of "formulations empty of all content." (more)
LATIMES ACCUSED of Suppressing Obama Video
. . . Gateway Pundit: Obama Celebrating With Palestinians Openly Hostile to Israel
. . . Fox: Praising Rashid Khalidi, Alleged Mouthpiece of Terror Group
Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama -
I guess they've seen the video.....