Monday, March 30, 2009

"If I'm corrupt, it's because I take care of my district."

Well there ya go...Give the man a cigar (or the Navy's Distinguished Public Service Award) at least he's honest..

From Politico:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publishes Jack Murtha's not-illogical defense of his earmark gobbling on behalf of the Johnstown, Pa. -- home of the John P. Murtha Technology Center, "just a stone's throw" from the John P. Murtha Airport.

But it was this line that caught our eye:

"If I'm corrupt, it's because I take care of my district," Mr. Murtha said. "My job as a member of Congress is to make sure that we take care of what we see is necessary. Not the bureaucrats who are unelected over there in whatever White House, whether it's Republican or Democrat. Those bureaucrats would like to control everything. Every president would like to have all the power and not have Congress change anything. But we're closest to the people."

No comments: