Thursday, July 23, 2009

Monday Morning Office Talk

The following is a conversation between a few of my military co-workers and I on Monday morning.

"I had this great idea this week-end."

"Oh, yeah? What was that?

"Well, I've been TDY the lst few weeks and had drill last week-end and thought my wife and I should do something special this week-end."

"so what was your idea?"

"Well, I thought I'd take my wife to Fredricksburg, we'd visit the wineries and then I'd take her antique shopping." (reader's note- Fredricksburg is a town of German origin famous for its peaches among other things)

"So how'd it go?"

"My wife had other plans. She wanted to go furniture shopping, so we butted heads."

"So- what kind of furniture did you end up getting?"

(with dropped head) "A bedroom suit."

"Where'd you go to buy the furniture?"

"I don't remember."

"Oh, I see, 'I may have to go furniture shopping but I don't have to like it'".

"Right. But I did get something."

"What was that?"

"I got to buy some wine from the grocery store."

"What'd she do, hum a German polka tune while you picked it out?"

"Here honey have a peach while you pick out your wine."

Good laughs and a good way to start a Monday.

2 comments:

kkollwitz said...

Nice one.
If you want to be autonomous don't get married.

eutychus said...

Actually the initiator of the conversation was one of my Captains, which made it all the funnnier. I was one of the voices giving him a hard time. That kind of thing never happens in my marriage.:-)