Nice summary of the dangers Dems control of both congress and the presidency from American Thinker:
If Obama wins, the left wing of the Democratic Party will have no effective opposition, and it will be able to do all of the following, most of which Obama and his allies have already explicitly promised to do:
- Massively raise taxes on all productive people, including and especially the middle class, solely for the purpose of redistributing Americans' wealth (anyone who doubted Obama's identity as a radical redistributionist has been disabused of that illusion after Obama's just-discovered 2001 radio talk);
- By Presidential decree, eliminate every single state restriction on abortion, including late term abortion, "partial birth" abortion, parental notification for minors, and the right of physicians to refuse to perform abortions for reasons of conscience;
- Drive talk radio off the air, thereby grossly reducing free expression and eliminating one of the most important private sphere checks on government power;
- Appoint activist United States Supreme Court Judges, who, like the judges Obama supports in Massachusetts and California, will impose homosexual marriage on the entire country, against the will of the people in virtually every state;
- Permanently alter the socio-economic, cultural, and political makeup of our country, by leaving our border to the south open, halting ongoing federal efforts to encourage return of illegals to their countries of origin, and, worst of all, granting fast-track citizenship to illegals; and
- Intensify the ongoing use of our public education system as a tool for the indoctrination, rather than education, of our children; and
- Project a world-wide image of timidity and self-doubt that will only encourage our enemies, as Joe Biden said, to "test" our weak president, thereby increasing the probability of attacks on America and our allies, all of which makes war more, not less, likely under an Obama Presidency.
The above is, of course, only a partial list of the consequences of the One-Party State that Obama's election would create.
It is gut check time.