Monday, April 7, 2008

A Double Standard?

From the Persecution Blog of the Voice of the Martyrs Website:
...I thought of this again when I learned about Parveen in Pakistan. A brief story about her situation is on the Kids of Courage website at here.
Parveen could have avoided a lot of trouble by just agreeing to work for her Muslim employers on Sunday. After all, it was just one Sunday, and Jesus did say, “The Sabbath was made for man” (Mark 2:27).
Are persecuted Christians foolish for inviting persecution in this way? I don’t think many of us would say that. Does that then require me to change some of my ideas about the way I spend time on Sundays? Or do I have a double standard? Are there other areas where I might have a double standard about my actions and the actions of Christians in restricted nations? I wonder
. ..
read the whole thing here

No comments: