There are some conditions that apply to this award, conditions that I am happy to fulfill.
1) Say "Thanks!" to the presenter of the award and provide a link to their blog.Thank you, Steve! I love your blog and am I honored that you read (and sometimes contribute to) mine. It is the height of irony that my blog has inspired you (I know it wasn't nominated for content :-) since your words,witness and friendship have inspired me since the time we met those many years ago.
2) Share 10 honest things about myself.
- I think a fine meal with friends and wine is a worthwhile use of time and money. At least occasionally
- I wish I could read Greek and/or Latin.
- I do not have cable
- I was in quite a few plays back in college but took only one drama class.
- I enjoy traveling particularly overseas and still keep in touch with my old landlords.
- I enjoy writing and aspire to write better and more often.
- I do the cooking for my wife and kids.
- I love our two children and my wife more than anything in the world.
- I try to truly love the Lord, our God.
- I wish I knew what I want to be when I grow up and have 1yr and 3 months till I retire and have to decide.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. These would overlap some with Steve's (since I was blogging before him, he actually stole them from me. :-) but I'll come up with seven more.Here we go: Inscapes for inspiring me to write more, providing a great summer reading list and convincing me (along with my 14yo) to get on Facebook, Creative Minority Report,for news and insight but mostly making me laugh A Banner Is Unfurled, Pomegranate Apple, Beetle Blogger, Pearl Diver, and Secular Heretic among others for fighting the good fight against same sex "pseudogamy" and supporting the family.
4) Inform those 7 that they've been awarded the 'Honest Scrap' Award. I shall do so presently. Thank you again, Steve, for honoring this blog!