Just a few examples that demonstrate same-sex marriage isn't neutral. It's about normalization and approval as a federal judge ruled. Government can't be neutral when it's condones something in the law. And that has consequences for individuals.
- At my own children's high school there was a school-wide assembly to celebrate same-sex “marriage” in early December, 2003.
- Within months it was brought into the middle schools. In September, 2004, an 8th-grade teacher in Brookline, MA, told National Public Radio that the marriage ruling had opened up the floodgates for teaching homosexuality. “In my mind, I know that, `OK, this is legal now.' If somebody wants to challenge me, I'll say, `Give me a break. It's legal now,'” she told NPR.
- By the following year it was in elementary school curricula. Kindergartners were given picture books telling them that same-sex couples are just another kind of family, like their own parents.
- Second graders at the same school were read a book, “King and King”, about two men who have a romance and marry each other, with a picture of them kissing.
- A federal judge has ruled that the schools now have a duty to portray homosexual relationships as normal to children, despite what parents think or believe!
- A man undergoing a sex-change operation and cross-dressing was being brought into class to teach the children that there are now “different kinds of families.” (more)