Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tracking Hurricanes


As many of you know I'm a weather forecaster. Combat Weather. Which means I do most of my forecasting for the Army. but because I am also a full time member of the Texas Air National Guard we have to also keep track of the hurricanes which threaten Texas and Louisiana. I know some you visit here also enjoy the weather, so I thought some of you might be interested in this new page I found this week-end.

It's kind of a clearing house for all the hurricane data out there. It's called Mikes Weather Page and it's at spaghettimodels.com

Spaghetti models is the name for the maps like the one above which looks at all the computer models guesses for where the hurricanes will move next. Sometimes they are in agreement and sometimes, especially the further out in time you go (usually 3-5 days) the less they agree which makes a weather forecaster really earn his pay- and sometimes drink to excess or at leat want to.

No comments: