Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dobson Attacks Obama on Abortion

From Townhall:
...Dobson’s segment largely focused on Obama’s 2006 religiously-themed Call to Renewal Speech and took particular issue with Obama’s refusal to support the Born Alive Infant Protection Act as an Illinois State Senator. The bill would have given medical protection to babies who miraculously survived abortion.
Dobson played several audio portions of Obama’s speech, pausing to criticize certain passages. Obama, who maintains he is personally pro-life but has a 100 percent voting record from abortion lobbyists, said, “I may be opposed to abortion for religious reasons, but if I seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church or evoke God's will. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all.” (
more)

No comments: